profile

HI, I'M KIM.


archives

December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2008



Saturday, July 07, 2007 @ 8:42 pm
Acclimate

Acclimate \uh-KLY-mit; AK-luh-mayt\, transitive and intransitive verb:
To accustom or become accustomed to a new climate, environment, or situation.

+

TODAY IS A SPECIAL DAY!
070707
HOW COOL IS THAT?


+

Well it's been a long time! :) Haha lots of things happened this week and I'm just glad to have some friends who actually care, it's very nice. Oh, and Jack came to school on Wednesday! i.e. Farhana was absent. All the teachers noticed and said so. Haha!

So how have we all been slaving through the week? Plodding through masses of paper and constructing circles and triangles as accurately as humanely possible, destryoing trees and dropping lots of hair in the process (the classroom is full of hair seriously it's as if a very hairy mammoth broke into class and shed all its hair on the spot. That accounts for the mess too.)! Slogging through the arduous pains of relative velocity and seeing things from a different perspective and cross-referencing etcetcetc. It's quite draining.

Not to mention some unmentionables that just went totally over the limit yesterday. I mean I totally blew it. Inside. & thanks Rui!

+

On the other hand, this week just flew by so fast it's quite surreal. I know everything seems surreal these days, I feel as if I'm floating around in a daze.

Go West (new canteen stall) opened on Thursday. Along with... many other changes in the canteen that I must say aren't exactly what you'd call amazing.

Add all that to my newly-found pessimistic outlook! Someone has GOT to snap me out of this emo period quick. I mean really I think I'm becoming-

+


Davinia Cheryl Tiara Kim + Mynah 2nd 2007!

SCGS Guides Coy 1 & 2 + Zhang Kris Kim Foong!

Kim & Bert + Pretty fire that was (unfortunately) killed!

Kim Bert Li En + Tiara & Kim!

Sec 4 '07 Guides + Sec 1'07 Guides!

Enrolment. What can I say? 2 hours of standing in the hot sun holding a tray with sparkly gold badges and holding three fingers up every 10 minutes or so and getting a very flattering tanline and sweating all the water inside me out and watching people faint like flies. Other than that, it was okay. Nicest horseshoe formation ever.

Campfire. This is where running really comes into play because I was seriously running around EVERYWHERE getting markers and poles and relaying info etc. We got rained out supposedly because we didnt sprinkle any spices on some tree. But other than that it was good because the energy level was still THERE despite the rain which (I quote from Cheryl Wong's joke) could have "drenched our spirits" but we werent ghosts so it was okay. Haha! Poor Tanya Charissa and Shayne, though. The fire was amazing because it lit up as soon as the fire ball went down and it wasnt just like a teeny thing it was like HUGE. And everything went so smoothly and Cheryl + Danielle were wonderful emcees and clean up was probably the fastest ever in all my 4 years of guiding (omg 4 years of guiding!!!) despite some things/people which I know were trying to "help" but their 'advice' became rather condescending...

Then the new leaders were announced and I must say that I'm quite disappointed that some people didnt make it but other than that I'm quite satisfied about the choices and our successors haha I really do hope that they communicate better than we did because I've learnt that communication is so very, very, very important.

Last day of wearing the Guides uniform! (At least this time my scarf didn't look too bad :))

+

And now that I'm officially free of any Guiding obligations...
12.50PM DISMISSAL ON FRIDAYS!!!!!
How cool is that? :) :)

+

Went to Orchard Library today to study with Tiara. I have to admit that we didnt really do much, only 7 questions. Okay fine 6 and 2/3. But it was cool. Thanks Tiara :) Y

I'm so wiped out from yesterday. Slept at 9.30pm and woke up at 11.00am this morning. I was horrified when I looked at my clock. + THE HEAT IS DRIVING ME US ALL NUTS!!!

+

It's a very lazy weekend. Not in the mood to do anything. Going to sleep my way through it. Screw tbe Bio test on Monday, Kim's tired.

+

Some people make me very, very happy
but then others just bring the mood all the way back
down again.


This song always makes me feel so :(

+

TV time.
(Live Earth, wear green!)